WEATHER NEWS FOR MAURITIUS ISSUED AT 0500 HOURS ON FRIDAY 27 JANUARY 2023
1. A Torrential Rain warning remains in force in Mauritius.
2. Other active clouds associated with the instability zone continue to influence the weather over the island.
FORECAST FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS:
The active clouds will cause moderate to heavy rain during the morning and the afternoon.
The rain will be sometimes accomapnied by thunderstorms.
Fog patches are also expected in some places.
The maximum temperature will be between 23 and 25 degrees Celsius over the central plateau and between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius along the coasts.
The intensity of the rain will decrease gradually during the night. However, the sky will remain cloudy with rain which will be moderate at times, accompanied by thunderstorms.
The minimum temperature will be between 19 and 21 degrees Celsius over the central plateau and between 23 and 25 degrees Celsius over the coastal regions.
The wind will be from the northern sector at around 15 km/h, strengthening with gusts in showers.
Sea rough beyond the reefs with waves which reaching 2 metres 50.
Ventures in the open seas are not advised.
The public is advised to:
1. During thunderstorms, the public is advised to remain in safe places and to avoid open areas, hikings, ventures at sea and not to take shelter under trees.
2. Avoid places prone to water accumulation, river banks and other water courses which are flooded and certain mountain slopes prone to landslide.
3. Be very cautious on the roads due to reduced visibility resulting from heavy rain and fog patches
Kindly consult the Torrential Rain bulletin for more information.
The severe tropical storm Cheneso is evolving in the Mozambique channel. It will not directly influence the weather over Mauritius and Rodrigues.
High Tides : 17h13 and tomorrow 05h35.
Low Tides : 11h45 and 23h54.
Sunrise : 05h50.
Sunset : 18h54.
The atmospheric pressure at 16h00: 1010 hectopascals.